For optimal HVAC systems and the proper performance of such systems, accurate air pressure measurement is important. Air pressure sensors are used to measure very low to high pressures in air and refrigerants. Pressure control valve sensors provide precise measurement of air pressure, any differential pressure, and high accuracy volumetric flow needing reliable monitoring.
Air pressure sensors are needed to monitor relative system pressure in many industrial process applications using hydraulics and pneumatics. Sensor-related pressure switches provide set point-tripped signals while sensor-related pressure transmitters provide differential or absolute analogue readings over ranges that can be wide measuring.
Pressurised air is used for a wide range of purposes in engineering and industry. Air pressure sensors measure and control these pressure levels. The simplest example of air pressure measurement is the compressed air pumped to inflate a football, vehicle tyres, or inflatable boats. The proper functioning of these mentioned depends on reaching the correct level of air pressure.
For larger industrial compressed air systems that process atmospheric air, the sensors are needed to measure the compressed air that is stored in tanks or air ventilation lung tanks. The same goes with powerful air-driven tools, air brakes, compressed air paint spraying, heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning HVAC systems.
Air pressure sensors are essential to control the capacity of compressed air to transmit high levels of energy for tools like pneumatic drills, air brakes for heavy vehicles and trains, and air tools like dentists’ drills. Another example is sandblasting of metal sheets and equipment.
Depending on a system or industrial requirement, operators can choose from the following type of air pressure sensors:
- Absolute air pressure sensor – Measures pressure concerning a perfect vacuum. This type of sensor is mostly used for scientific experimental work and seldom for industries.
- Gauge air pressure sensor – Measures pressure concerning atmospheric pressure such as with tyre pressure.
- Differential air pressure sensor – Measures the difference in pressure between two points such as in an air-conditioning filter system.
Criteria to consider for options and specifications
- Pressure range – This covers the maximum pressure permissible in specific equipment.
- Precision – Choose a sensor with high-precision specification and uses digital electronics because readings may become inaccurate at higher temperatures.
- Location flexibility – Vibration, shocks, and high temperatures may affect sensors. Choose a sensor with a robust design. Ensure their housing offers good protection.
Univer Valves Distributed by MasterMac 2000
Since 1980, original Univer pressure control valve systems, compact valves, flow control valve systems, air valves, and more have been of a high standard and high quality. Robust designs, reliability, and longevity are the marks of Univer valves. Call MasterMac 2000 today on 07 3344 4711 or visit our site at https://mastermac2000.com.au/.